If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit our employment application along with your resume to moc.s1566325953ngise1566325953dhalg1566325953uod@s1566325953reera1566325953c1566325953.
Douglah Designs, Inc. is recognized as one of the Bay Area’s premier interior design and remodeling companies. We serve Contra Costa and Alameda Counties along the 24/680 corridors. We are looking to fill installer positions within our construction department. In addition to construction trade experience, the qualified candidate will possess strong attention to detail, a great attitude and an exceptional customer service focus.
The Installer performs residential construction activities for client projects of various sizes, from smaller scope projects (e.g. kitchen or bath remodels) to home additions. Qualified applicants must have transportation and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Qualified applicants must also possess valid auto insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential duties and responsibilities for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned to an individual. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs one or more construction activities assigned by Director Of Operations, Construction Superintendents, or Lead Installer for builds/remodels of client property, including but not limited to demolition, framing, electrical work, plumbing, sheet rock installation, tile work, painting, cabinet installation, and finished millwork.
- Transports construction materials to and from job sites, as required
- Maintains the job site to ensure minimal impact on the client’s living situation
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of construction trade experience
- Must be proficient in reading blueprints and construction plans
- Must be knowledgeable in applicable building codes
- Must own and operate standard construction-related tools and devices (e.g. saws, drills, hammers, nail guns, etc.)
- Must possess working knowledge of industry safety requirements
- Must be able to manage time and tasks well
- Must have a “can do” and positive attitude
- Must possess good mathematical skills
- Must possess good communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds. This position entails heavy physical demands.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Handle and use tools, equipment, products, and materials as required to support client projects
- Will be at construction/remodeling sites where there is dirt, dust, potentially hazardous conditions, and a loud work environment
- May work outside and be exposed to weather Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company will use Driver Record Information for employment and insurance purposes. Final selection candidates will be asked to sign a consent to release of DMV driver record prior to hiring.
Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.