If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit our employment application along with your resume to .
The Project Manager (PM) provides leadership for the design and construction team. The PM works alongside the designer to help facilitate the design process as it pertains to the feasibility of construction, while ensuring the project remains within the client’s budget. The PM is solely responsible and held accountable for the timely completion, cost control and the health and safety compliance of their assigned projects. Additionally, the PM is responsible for ensuring that the projects are constructed in accordance with the plans, specifications and local building codes required. The PM is involved in all aspects of projects assigned to them from initial concept through execution.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following reflects management’s definition of essential duties and responsibilities for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned to an individual. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Working with Lead Designers and Home Owners during the early stages of the project to determine feasibility of execution.
- Manage field crew and subcontractor schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Direct/coordinate work in the field in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Communicate any conflicts or revisions associated with the project to the project team prior to execution.
- Coordinate required inspections with local buildings departments.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in the construction progress and communicate them to the crew for resolution.
- Maintain and update the construction schedules for assigned projects in Buildertrend and project folders on a weekly basis.
- Provide updated schedules to the clients and Lead Installers in a timely manner.
- Perform Project Manager duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Perform residential job site estimating.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified.
- Walk all projects multiple times a week to monitor progress, accuracy, cleanliness, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Perform job progress and completion punch lists.
- Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
- Ensure that a Douglah Designs representative is opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of each day.
Safety and Health Responsibilities:
- Works with and through senior management, to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures and to assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements.
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Advises safety administrators and committee on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assist, set up and conducts training.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
The Project Manager shall supervise all subcontractors, Leads, Installers and Helpers daily. The Project Managers shall coordinate directly with each other and with the Director Of Operations in scheduling crew members on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Problem Solving/ Analysis.
- Ethical Conduct
- Interpersonal Competence
- Time Management
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Control
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be able to understand and interpret architectural and structural plans.
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures such as percentages and square footage. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors and employees at all levels of the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of construction trade experience.
- 5+ years as a Construction Superintendent or in construction management.
- Minimum of 2+ years residential estimating experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 30 hour OSHA certification.
- 5+ years of construction site safety management.
- Training in PPE, Scaffolding and Fall Protection.
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Previous Management Experience.
The Company will use Driver Record Information for employment and insurance purposes. Final selection candidates will be asked to sign a CONSENT TO RELEASE OF DMV DRIVER RECORD INFORMATION prior to hiring.
Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits package offered.