If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit our employment application along with your resume to .
The Lead Installer performs residential construction activities for client projects of various sizes, from smaller scope projects (e.g. kitchen or bath remodels) to home additions. This individual also fulfills site management responsibilities when the Construction Manager or Foreman is unavailable.
Responsibilities and Duties
The following reflects management’s definition of essential duties and responsibilities for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned to an individual. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Works with the Construction Manager or Construction Foreman on pre-construction and clean-up activities
- Demonstrates competency and confidence in all trades necessary to complete a job from start to finish including but not limited to demolition, framing, electrical work, plumbing, sheet rock installation, tile work, painting, cabinet installation, and finish millwork.
- Performs construction activities for builds/remodels of client property.
- Coordinates sub-contractor schedules and activities.
- Provides construction site leadership, assigns Installers and Helpers to daily construction activities, and monitors daily performance and completion of tasks. Reports construction status to the Construction Manager or Construction Foreman
- Transports construction materials to and from job sites, as required
- Maintains the job site to ensure minimal impact on the client’s living situation
- Interfaces and communicates with clients and construction staff during construction activities
- Resolves job site issues or escalates them to the Construction Manager or Construction Foreman for resolution
- Acts in a site supervisor role when the Construction Manager or Construction Foreman is unavailable. Oversees daily construction tasks performed by Installers, Helpers, and sub-contractors at the job site
- Provides direct and constructive feedback to Installers and Helpers regarding quality and timeliness of construction related activities and projects
- Provides construction crew performance feedback to the Construction Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of construction trade experience
- Must demonstrate leadership and supervisory abilities and skills. Prior site supervisory experience a plus
- Possession of a California contractor’s license and specialized trade training is desirable
- Must be proficient in reading blueprints and construction plans
- Must be knowledgeable in applicable building codes
- Must own and operate standard construction-related tools and devices (e.g. saws, drills, hammers, nail guns, etc.)
- Must possess working knowledge of industry safety requirements
- Must be able to manage time and tasks well
- Must have a “can do” and positive attitude
- Must possess excellent client service skills
- Must possess good mathematical skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver and be able to make timely and sound decisions
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must also possess valid auto insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
- This position entails heavy physical demands
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Handle and use tools, equipment, products, and materials as required to support client projects
Will be at construction/remodeling sites where there is dirt, dust, potentially hazardous conditions, and a loud work environment • May work outside and be exposed to weather Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company will use Driver Record Information for employment and insurance purposes. Final selection candidates will be asked to sign a CONSENT TO RELEASE OF DMV DRIVER RECORD INFORMATION prior to hiring.
Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits package offered.