If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit our employment application along with your resume to moc.s1548021234ngise1548021234dhalg1548021234uod@s1548021234reera1548021234c1548021234.
Douglah Designs, Inc. is recognized as one of the Bay Area’s premier interior design and remodeling companies. We serve Contra Costa and Alameda Counties along the 24/680 corridors. We are looking to fill helper positions within our construction department. In addition to understanding the construction trade and the ability to operate standard construction-related tools and devices, the qualified candidate will possess strong attention to detail, a great attitude and an exceptional customer service focus.
The Construction Helper performs simple residential construction activities under the supervision of the Construction Manager, Construction Foreman, or Lead Installer. Qualified applicants must have transportation and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Qualified applicants must also possess valid auto insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential duties and responsibilities for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned to an individual. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs simple construction activities assigned for builds/remodels of client property, including but not limited to helping with demolition, framing, electrical work, plumbing, sheet rock installation, tile work, painting, and cabinet/counter installation
- Transports construction materials to, from, and within job sites, as required and as instructed by the Construction Manager, Construction Foreman, or Lead Installer
- May run construction related errands
- Helps keep the job site clean and free of hazardous obstacles or materials
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Construction trade experience is highly desirable
- Must own and operate standard construction-related tools and devices (e.g. saws, drills, hammers, nail guns, etc.)
- Must have a “can do” and positive attitude
- Must be able to take direction and act upon requests in a timely and complete manner
- Must possess working knowledge of industry safety requirements
- Must possess good mathematical skills
- Must possess good communication skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds. This position entails heavy physical demands.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Handle and use tools, equipment, products, and materials as required to support client projects
- Will be at construction/remodeling sites where there is dirt, dust, potentially hazardous conditions, and a loud work environment
- May work outside and be exposed to weather Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.
The Company will use Driver Record Information for employment and insurance purposes. Final selection candidates will be asked to sign a consent to release of DMV driver record information prior to hiring.
Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.