If you’re interested in applying for this position, please submit our employment application along with your resume to .
Douglah Designs, Inc. is recognized as one of the Bay Area’s premier design-build remodeling companies. We are experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an experienced Architect, specializing in residential projects. Our luxury design-build company is located in beautiful Lafayette, CA, serving Contra Costa and Alameda Counties along the 24/680 corridors. We have been in business in Lafayette since 1997.
We are seeking a full time Architect to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years in the luxury residential remodeling industry. In addition, the candidate is responsible for designing, drafting and editing construction documents using AutoCAD software. This role requires strong communication skills with the ability to analyze and interpret plans, construction industry terms, technical procedures and governmental regulations. The qualified candidate must also be able to effectively articulate information and respond to questions from county agencies, engineers, clients and other groups as needed.
This position will be working closely with our Designers and Construction Team, and will be supervising a team of one (1) to two (2) Assistant Designers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be proficient in CAD drafting
- Must be able to hand sketch initial designs concepts
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of direct experience in the luxury residential remodeling industry
- Must be knowledgeable in printing/plotting/scanning of construction drawings
- Must have knowledge of current California residential building codes, city and federal codes and regulations
- Must have knowledge of basic 3D Modeling and Rendering
- Must be organized, detail oriented, flexible, and creative
- Must have strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities, and be able to resolve conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work under pressure well and meet deadlines
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a “can do” and positive attitude
- Must be a team player who can work effectively with various members of the design and construction teams
- Must be PC literate and have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be reliable.
- Preferred knowledge of both framed and frameless style cabinet design and detailing
Must be able to spend several hours at a time working on a computer and able to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
- May need to visit project sites where there is dirt, dust, and a loud work environment
The Company will use Driver Record Information for employment and insurance purposes. Final selection candidates will be asked to sign a CONSENT TO RELEASE OF DMV DRIVER RECORD INFORMATION prior to hiring.
Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer