The Construction Helper performs simple residential construction activities under the supervision of the Construction Manager, Construction Foreman, or Lead Installer. This is a full time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential duties and responsibilities for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned to an individual. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs simple construction activities assigned for builds/remodels of client property, including but not limited to helping with demolition, framing, electrical work, plumbing, sheet rock installation, tile work, painting, and cabinet/counter installation
- Transports construction materials to, from, and within job sites, as required and as instructed by the Construction Manager, Construction Foreman, or Lead Installer
- May run construction related errands
- Helps keep the job site clean and free of hazardous obstacles or materials
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Construction trade experience is highly desirable
- Must own and operate standard construction-related tools and devices (e.g. saws, drills, hammers, jack hammers, nail guns, etc.)
- Must have a “can do” and positive attitude
- Must be able to take direction and act upon requests in a timely and complete manner
- Must possess working knowledge of industry safety requirements
- Must possess good mathematical skills
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, must also possess valid auto insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 150 pounds, this position entails heavy physical demands
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Handle and use tools, equipment, products, and materials as required to support client projects
- Will be at construction/remodeling sites where there is dirt, dust, potentially hazardous conditions, and a loud work environment
- May work outside and be exposed to weather
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Douglah Designs is an equal opportunity employer.